Friday, July 16, 2010

tgif..bonding day 5

Stella and Me had a wonderful visit today! Instead of the stroller and the benches we chose one of the gazebos hoping it would be a little cooler. The gazebos are very cute and colorful with big play pens in them and some just have benches around the edge. As we were leaving the BH, we passed the chief doctor in the hallway, she said that the caregivers told her that was what happening with Stella was a miracle. Wow! Remember before I met her they said Stella was unadoptable? The Chief doctor told us that she wanted to come out to the gazebo and see what Stella was doing.....Stella put on a show for us by crawling, laughing and clapping!! She and the interpreter said that it was because of me, attention and love. I'll take that huge compliment! Later I sat Stella on my lap, face to face and she looked so intently at my lips and mimicked what I did...she recreated a raspberry, stuck out her tongue and clicked her tongue! I worked on Mama for awhile and she did try but I think it sounded more like dada. That's okay, we have time!

I was thinking about posting a picture here on the blog....what do you think?? I would love to share my little tootie pootie with you guys!

9 comments:

  1. Regarding photos...we were fairly conservative (read paranoid). You can see from our blog that we chose to post "Baby parts" until we had custody. A foot here, a hand there....we got the idea from another familiy's blog. It drives your friends crazy but it felt "safer" to us. Of course we all want to see your little Stella! But do what you feel is best for your peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will add that one of the most precious things for me about this process was watching our little one make leaps and bounds with our love and attention. We witnessed so many firsts even though she was already 10 months old - first time sitting, first time crawling, etc. That is what is so special about our time there bonding and why I do not regret having to spend so much time in Kazakhstan. Congratulations on being able to see Stella start to blossom and knowing the joy of being a teacher and guide for your child - Enjoy that Mama pride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course Stella is blossoming with your love and attention - she was just waiting for you! Just wait until they accuse you of "spoiling" her! Ha! We'd LOVE to see photos if you are comfortable with that. We did post photos during bonding since our blog was private and everyone I gave access to were either family, friends or fellow adoptive parents. LMI frowns upon that but everyone does it and my coordinator - who has access to the blog - actually requested that I post photos. We'd certainly understand if you aren't comfortable with it, however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. regarding photos--I waited until after court was official and I was legally delared her parent--I would rather be cautious than sorry. It is so hard to wait when all you want to do is show her off but do what is best for you.
    It is no surprise that you are working miracles with Stella--God knew what he was doing when he helped bring you to together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you feel comfortable with my dear! So glad things are going well :-) I do love reading about your trip since as I told you when I go, I will be going alone... Well enjoy the A/C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Picture, Picture, Picture!!!!! :-)

    Congrads Lisa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted pics!!! And then had my blog made into a snapfish photo book and I adore it. Glad all is going well...Stella seems smart and wonderful... How lucky you both are...These are the days you will look back on and treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY,,, that is all I can say!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know we all would like to see pictures, but make sure that you are completely ready to do so. I agree with Mary. It might be hard for the rest of us, but I'm a little cautious, don't jinx anything. Keep taking pictures and share when you are ready. Keep loving and cherishing every moment. It's already been a week!!!

    ReplyDelete