Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunday and the Studio

the studio

Good Sunday morning! It looks like a nice day here in Almaty. I neglected to say, but you may have figured it out from lack of complaining, after the 19th, it really cooled down. There has been a few days of rain and cool nights. Very pleasant.

Today is my off day...what to do? They have wonderful hand made wool/felt items on the 3rd floor of the Tsum. Beth bought a Yurt with a nativity scene inside. It's beautiful. I have gotten a few little things for my future Stella...slippers, purse, doll, ornament slippers for the Chirstmas tree. I would love to buy the Yurt but it's 8,500 tenge which is still $57 or so....should I? It would be a nice gift for us both to treasure and I have saved money by finding the apartment and sharing the apartment with Beth for 7 days. Hmmmmm. I am even taking home some food money as I have eaten in some........of course I still have two more trips to finance!!!! Maybe not...... ; ( Responsibility is not fun sometimes, is it??

Beth left last night at 2 am. It feels weird to be alone again. Beth and I are very different but it worked out very well. It just took Beth 1 year to get here from signing with her agency, and she has nothing at home..yet....two different mentalities but we are both very well traveled and street smart and adventurous, plus we both like wine...so it worked and a friendship was born.

I know I keep saying this but just one more day with Miss Stella....the usual 15 day bonding will be 21 for us....I don't know if that is difference or the fact that I felt like I almost could have lost her or what...but I feel so in love with this little handful. She has blossomed before my eyes and is everything that I could imagine in a child...in a daughter! Two more hurtles....saying goodbye for now to my Sugar and coming back and getting a big YES for court!

Paka

6 comments:

  1. I know saying good-bye is going to be tough but you have to do it to get to the next hello. And then just one more good-bye until she's yours forever. What a crazy process Kaz adoptions are!! I never had to leave Lexie from the day I meet her so I know how fortunate I am but you are strong and have been through so much to get to Stella so you will figure out how to get through Monday. Do you head out Monday night or Tue? If I don't catch you then have a safe flight home. Hopefully Lexie and I can finally meet you when we head south.

    Give Stella an extra hug and kiss from us!
    Lou Ann & Lexie too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Lisa, it is so hard...think of it as part of the birthing process. She is birthing into a new a wonderful life. Safe travels home. Hugs
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great that had a "roommate" and friend to share the experience with. Everyone seems to have their own story - their own journey. You may want to purchase the yurt if you really like it as you will never really find these things again stateside. We cherish the things we brought back for Miras and can't wait to shop for Irina (we made an attempt but Miras was in major sleep deficit mode by the end of the trip). So sorry that you have to leave Stella again. But it is all part of demonstrating to her that you'd go to the ends of the earth for that sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get the yurt! I bought it and am SO HAPPY I did. I wish I had bought more of the woolen animals. You can still buy those things on your subsequent trips, so that is a good thing. One thing I treasure is amobile I bought there with felt animals and a Kazakh girl in the middle. Anelya loves it.

    The goodbye will be very hard but you will be back very soon. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been missing in action for three days and am just catching up--I say Buy the Yurt. I spent more than I should have in Russia but there are still things I wish I would have bought.
    Leaving her has to be the hardest part but you will soon be going back and each day brings you closer to bringing her home for good so just do what you need to do each day and you will get there.
    It is so wonderful to hear the happiness in your postings--it is truly amazing to meet the one that is meant for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEFINTELY get the yurt. You can't buy these things in the states and you will be so glad you did. You will cherish and celebrate her Kazakh roots and so will she, thru you. She is so beautiful Lisa and it's so clear she was defintely waiting for you!! Adoption is such a miracle. I'm so happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete