Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hello from Almaty

Well I finally have internet. I arrived yesterday/Friday morning at around 4:15 am. the trip seemed so much harder this time. Instead of going to the Yotel in AMS I went to the Hotel Schiphol off the airport grounds. It was much larger, I mean much much larger but I only really had maybe 4 hours there. I did get a couple of hours rest which was nice. I also had a couple more hours once I got to Almaty. So my apartment is Okay, I am thinking that this is more common then the hotel that I was in? It is a big 2 bedroom that I got through the French couple I met adopting from Karakhstek. It's half the amount or less then the hotel. The area seems nice, it's just a short walk from the Tsum, Silk Way mall and a big grocery store. Not having a grocery store close on that last trip made eating in hard. I don't have A/C here and I am struggling but surviving! It's been overcast and rainy...thank goodness!! I'll be moving to a studio around the 15th with A/C which I am very much looking forward to. A/C makes me very happy!! Hot flashes and fans do not. LOL!

So Friday I was picked up at the apt at 2 and we made our way back to city hall to go through the interview process again. The Director who interviewed me last time was out and her assistant had the honors. I was told by him that my job was very risky and that I should look for another job so that my parents will not have to take on my child. Okay, point taken. I got a little more of a lecture and then the assistant of the director reminded him that I was already approved by his boss and that this was more a matter of formality.

We waited around until about 4:30 for the paperwork with the "direction" to visit the BH to choose a child.....we got to the BH at about 4:45 and the Chief Doctor and the visiting nurse who holds the key to the files were both gone for the day so I was not able to see my sweet Stella. They said she was doing fine and was well....so close and yet so far. So as of now we will be on the steps of the BH around 9 am, on Monday and will file the paperwork for the new "direction" to start the bonding process with Miss Stella. I can't wait!

Around 11 today, my interpreter came for me and we walked to Tsum (shopping area) and she showed me around. Oh we had gret pizza at Mama Mia! I don't know why but I am already a little lonely here. On my first trip I had Beth and her sister there but I don't think anyone is coming through until around the 15th. Silly I guess....I am so used to being by myself but it just feels different. Maybe it's because of the uncertainty of Stella. Not seeing her bothers me because I just want to make sure for myself that she is still there...waiting for me.

Paka for now. More on Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are back in Almaty. Stella is almost a day away!! Thoughts and prayers to you for bonding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lonely?! Not for long! Enjoy the last few moments of peace and quiet you will have for a minimum of 18 years! But seriously, Almaty is not such a bad city to keep yourself busy....and Monday will be here before you know it!! Have a great 1st bonding day back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa--praying for everything to go well on Monday and the bonding to begin--that will help your lonliness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, cannot wait to hear that you have had your reunion with sweet Stella, tomorrow is almost here well for you any way , thinking and praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete