Monday, July 12, 2010

a long path to this day.......


Today was one of those days that I will remember forever. I just got back from the Baby House and I want to put it all down.

This morning I woke at about 4:50 excited and nervous to start the day. My interpreter came for me at about 8 and being that it was a beautiful morning we decided to walk to the BH and meet my coordinator Z there. We all got to the BH at about 8:45 and we walked in and we saw the Chief Doctor who was busy with her Monday morning and asked that we come back at 10. We did. We waited quite awhile because we had to wait for the Custody and Care lady to come to the BH so that she could be present for me to meet some available children. Talk about nervous!! The C&C lady gets there with 3 other people, they walk into the Doctors office and then come back out...I was later to find out that it was another coordinator and her client and interpreter...OMG....so close!!

We are in the office, the five of us. My interpreter scribbles a note to me to say that they will be bringing in children for me to meet. One, two, three boys....one girl, two girls. The last one in the room, in the arms of her caregiver, is the most beautiful little sweetheart I have ever seen. I greet all of the children and talk to them one by one. They are very sweet and all walking on their own except for the last little girl. I finally approach the last little girl...she is one year old. I talk softly to her and call her by name. She smiles at me and my heart melts. I ask the caregiver if I may hold her...she looks to the Chief doctor and she nods her head. I pick up this sweet baby girl, who is wearing a pink bonnet, and I give her kisses to which she responds with a smile that could light up the world. I truly understand what tears of joy are, I cried those tears today. I continued to give this precious little girl kisses and was honored again and again with very special smiles.

I was then told, that if I had chosen a child that I may say so....I said so! I chose a child today to be my daughter. This day I truly chose to become a mother. I chose my Stella Sabrina.

23 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, I am so happy for you! Congratulations many times over. Your writing brought tears to my eyes.

    So, so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa- I am beyond overjoyed for you. Congratulations on this day, the day that will change your life forever. I swear I've been up since 3am est and I am so happy you've blogged and all is well. Looking forward to reading your updates over the next two weeks.

    Much love and happiness--

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I did was check to see if you had blogged I am so happy that today is the day that you and sweet Stella begin your lives together each day brings you closer to bringing her home for ever enjoy getting to know each other these days are so important!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. i am beyond happy for you! thank you for this beautiful post. i'm so glad things are going well FINALLY!! hopefully this is a sign of how smooth things will go from now on!!!
    congrats momma!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa we are so happy for you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BAWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve this so much, Lisa. I love that you were able to record this beautiful day in writing. Having done the same thing myself, I can tell you you will cherish it. Things you didn't think you would forget... you do. Try to keep it up if you can. I am beyond overjoyed for you. You have patiently watched all of us travel before you, not understand why, but now you know.

    You just made my day. We love you and can't wait to see you! xo Andrea & Anelya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written Lisa! I am so thrilled for you. And while it's true you do forget things (I still keep leeza's blog active, for ME to remember), I still vividly remember the day I met my son, and the day I met my daughter. I don't think I will EVER forget those special times. You will so love coming back to read this and sharing this with your beauty Stella Sabrina. Love her name. CONGRATULATIONS. It's been a long hard road and it's so sweet to be able to understand why now. :) my heart is bursting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am crying tears of joy for you now. This is such a sweet post. You have had to wait so long for this but now you know you were waiting for your sweet Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so so so happy for you!! =) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crying tears for you, too. So happy this moment is here for you right here, right now. Sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful moment! I am so excited for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am speechless!!!! Yay for both of you.. and i love the time difference i will start my morning for the next two weeks looking at your blog, e-mail and FB for the latest news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally, this moment is here. We can't imagine what it must have felt like to see the other children, waiting for Stella to come through those doors. We are so happy for you both. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you guys are the best! I have been sitting here all day enjoying the comments so much, as they come. I love that I am not in this alone...thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goosebumps, tears, and such happiness for you! I can imagine the whole scene and it is magic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I checked first thing this morning and saw that you had chosen Stella, but I was finally able to sit down and read the entire post...beautiful! I cannot wait to read how the next 2 weeks unfold and how Stella blossoms with your love and attention. Congratulations Mama!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are definitely not in this alone. You have your IA family who knows what it's like to be in your shoes and you have your family at home routing for you and now you have Stella, YOUR family, YOUR child, YOUR daughter! I'm so thrilled everything finally went as planned and as beautifully as you deserve. You needed this day to be a day of nerves but joy and happiness. Now you get to relax and enjoy getting to know your daughter and watching her blossom before your eyes. Congratulations Stella & her Mommy!

    Love
    Lou Ann & Lexie too

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh Lisa.. this made me CRY!! I can't even explain how knowing you've held your baby encourages me... surly it will happen.. :)
    SO thrilled for you... I can't wait to see pics.. and read more.. :) love and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lisa, I got tears in my eyes reading this last post. I am so happy for you and my heart is bursting with joy that you have finally found your daughter and your little piece of heaven on earth. I told you you that little kiss of an angel on her cheek was your sign it is meant to be. Rejoice in your time with her. Congratulations!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am SO very happy for you! It is now official! You have found your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE IT!!! I got up super early on my day off this morning just to see if you had blogged!!! And I was so happy to read your beautiful post. Enjoy every single second of your time with the beautiful wonderful amazing Miss Stella, it goes by too fast!!! XOXO Erin

    ReplyDelete
  22. How wonderful those words are. You are a mother, how lucky Stella is to have you. Cherish every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Lisa, Lisa, Lisa--My day was so busy but I was thinking about you all day. I am overjoyed to read your words of pur jog--a miracle really. As we have both said so many times to each other--You are right where you are meant to be. That was never more true than today!!!

    ReplyDelete