Friday, July 23, 2010

Phoebe Catz


I got bad news from home today....my 14 year old kitty, Phoebe is not well. What appeared as one bump when I was home, multiplied into 3 on her back and one on her eyelid since I left. So my heart has been heavy today....Phoebe has cancer. Phoebe is a San Fran girl. I was on a trip from San Fran, stopping in Houston and then on my way home to Austin. This little girl got off the plane carrying a mama cat and her kitties. I already had one black cat at home and when I saw the sweet kitties I told her jokingly that I wanted the black one with the little white spot on her chest....she handed her to me and said I have to go and catch my flight!! I still had another flight to Austin to work!! A nice lady offered to hold phoebe for me and away we went. That was July 4th, 1996. She has been a sweet kitty with loads of personality. The doc said to bring her home and to spoil her because it won't be long. I hope she waits for me to come home.....I can hardly bear to loose another one.....

I was on my visit with Stella and I was telling Galina about Phoebe....I started crying and so did Stella...could we be connected that quickly? I feel bad that Stella will probably never know Phoebe but for Phoebe maybe Stella would prove to be too much?

Galina is coming over this evening and treating Beth and I to Vodka and some Russian/Kazakh drinking snacks...who knows how this evening will end? Good thing we are staying in!

Paka for now......

7 comments:

  1. God works in mysterious ways. I recently lost one of my precious kittys that shared my home for 17 years. It is hard to feel great joy when there is pain. Enjoy your days with Stella and keep in your mind the wonderful memories that you shared with Phoebe. This sadness will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not Phoebe! I do hope you get to see her one last time. Love you Aunt Lisa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed our pets so much while I was in Kaz, and I worried about them missing us. My heart is heavy for you -- it's such a tug to have so much joy and sadness in your heart! Sending extra hugs today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor kitty. I hope she holds on until you can be with her. We missed our kitties and doggies while we were in Kaz and would have been devastated if something happened to them.

    But, you're right about Stella being too much. My big male, who is a big lover to everyone - even the dog who tried to eat him at first - finally has halfway warmed up to Miras. The female will still run and hide whenever he enters the room. Screamin meemies are really frightening for cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so sorry! I hope you can spend time with her once you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about Phoebe :(. I am praying that you will be able to spend some time with her when you come home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa I'm so sorry. I too hope Phoebe is still there for you to love on when you return home. But as we all know you really don't have a lot of choice in these matters. I'm sure she's being well cared for and she knows you love her.

    By the way, you need to share more about the Russian/Kaz drinking snacks. What in the world are they? Mares milk or camel toes?

    Love ya,
    Lou Ann & Lexie too

    ReplyDelete