Wednesday, July 21, 2010

bonding days 9 & 10

Miss Hollywood Stella not ready to be revealed...LOL! No autographs please!

Yesterday I went to the BH all by myself, I had taken in a new outfit for Miss Stella on Monday so it took them awhile to get her all dolled up for me. As I was waiting outside of the group #3 door I could hear this beautiful song being sung by one of the caregivers. I don't know why I didn't think to record it on my iphone sooner...by the time I thought of it, she was finished. It was a beautiful soulful song that must have been sweet for those little ones to hear. Then I heard one of the caregivers sing La Dushki to her which is a nursery song....she loves it and claps her hands when I sing the only part I know...La Dushki! I found a CD of it at the book store but have no way of playing it here. I'll have to try to put it on my iphone for my court trip. We had a nice private visit with no distractions and the Hour and a half just flew by.

When I got back to the apartment the team was working with Beth on her court speech. It's been nice to see what comes next. Later we went to Tsum, shopped and had wine and then dinner at Printessa Chinese...it was good and interesting. We had a chicken dish, fried with little bones in it so you had to be careful when you ate it. It was spicy and good. Delicious dessert of Banana and Toffee. Yum! I am getting a little more adventurous with Beth here...thank goodness for Beth!

We are still deciding what we will do today...kind of wanted to go to the chocolate factory. We've asked to go to the mountains but the team doesn't seem interested in taking us...oh well. I am heading off to the Baby House in about 45 minutes and I'll continue this then.....

I am just back from the Baby House. This time when the caregiver came to the door with Stella she came right to me with her arms out for me. I melted. She can do no wrong! It started to rain so we visited inside today. No big first but we had fun.

When I went to Stella's room I handed her to the caregiver and she tried to come back to me....a first. The caregivers told Galina that Stella Sabrina was getting spoiled and that she cries for extra attention and wants to be held. They said this with a smile...thank goodness! It is a hard process on her, one that she can't understand, I am sure. She gets a couple of hours a day of attention and then wants more...you can't blame her because this sweet pea deserves all the attention that I can give her. I know that the caregivers are happy for her but it must make their jobs harder for them? They seem to love her so I pray that they will continue to give her the attention after I am gone. I should be home in 1 week from today. I find myself tearing up when I leave her and not notice until I walk away and feel the tear run down my face...much like now.... my poor angel girl...can't wait to get you home.......


8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet, sweet photo!!!! Thanks for the quick glimpse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the sunglasses! Just curious how you chose the name Stella (you know I love it!) I know how you had chosen Sam if you adopted a boy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to give them back at the end of the visits! Especially a sweetie like your Stella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shades...cause her future's so bright! Certainly sounds as if she is loving you loving her...how awesome is this process?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lisa! My daughter LOVED the song "La Dushki" and I never got a recording...is there anyway I can get a copy of that CD of yours?! Did they have another copy at the store? I would gladly pay for it plus shipping...anyway, so lucky you found it for Stella!
    The caretakers would tell us after the first week that our daughter was getting "naughty" and we should take her home right away. =) They meant it as a compliment but also it does make their work more difficult when a baby becomes more active and does more than lie on the floor or in the playpen and chew on a rattle. The transformation is remarkable to witness. I enjoy the "baby bits" photos and am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sunglasses picture--she is so adorable. What a loving post--how hard it will be to leave her but just think of it this way--the sooner you get home, the sooner you will be able to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is my favorite picture so far. The shades make her a star! Hollywood is not ready for Ms Stella. Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that they are singing ladushki to them there too. It means "clapping clapping". It's a rhyme about a grandmother and porridge etc. If you are able to buy a second cd, I would love to have a copy. I sing it to Anelya all of the time!

    Stella is stunning. I have been suffering from withdrawal, asI have not been able to get to blogs this week. So happy to be catching up! Only 4 days of bonding left. WHAT???????? It's amazing how the time flies once you get into it. Can wait for further developments.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete