Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shine on...

I gotta quit posting...it tears me up! I just got home yesterday and got so much love from my critters. I woke up at 3 am and had two on top of me and several very close at my sides! Love it! I missed them so much. Phoebe is hanging on. She looks bad but her breathing seems to be okay but her eye looks bad with the tumor and one on her back looks inflamed and red. I feel much better now that I have seen her......the vet made it sound like she had little time but my Phoebe didn't make it to 13 being a pansy...she has moxie and maybe now that I am home.......??

The flights were actually great...if you consider 17 hours on airplanes great. I did the flight attendant shuffle on KLM both ways....and located the only two empty seats together. Nice. Both times very back rows and maybe it's payback but the Flight attendant kept forgetting me?? What's up with that?? ; )

On my Continental flight I had friends working both ways and used my vacation passes to be upgraded to business first....YAY!! You never know until last minute if it's a gamble to use your vacation passes (you get just so many a year) sometimes you use your passes and you get a nice middle seat in coach. After 23 years of flying my passes have more then come in handy on these Kazakhstan trips.....by the way...8 flights down and just 8 more to go...yeehaw!! On this trip, wonderful Tina gave me points to use the Hilton Schiphol to overnight between flights from Kaz and home. My KLM Kaz flight gets in just an hour after the CAL flight departs to IAH so an overnight is required. By the way....the Schiphol AMS airport is a mall...my favorite store in AMS is HEMA. This is a small version of the stores in the city but I ALWAYS find something, they have clothes, gifts, candy, wine, etc....this time I found a cute, cute little denim mini skirt.....not for me sillies....for Stella!!! Ha ha...those days are over for me...now comes the living and dressing vicariously though Miss Stella Bella! ; ) I asked my interpreter if there was ever another PAP that brought hair accessories on each visit...she laughed and said no. You never know what a girls going to need...I see many more hair bows and flowers in my future....yes Erin and Hannah, that's to you...I need some flowers!! Oh, Lou Ann just sent me some clothes that Lexie had at a very young age...so so sweet and thoughtful! The teethers and rattles will also be well put to use!

So what else?? I miss my Stella with an ache in my heart that I have never felt..... I found a great new song.....Shine on...that's for my Stella which means star....I think it's safe now to show what she gots! Stella Sabrina has been hiding that little soul for just me to see and now it's time for her to shine! Before I left they threw around the "miracle" word again...it makes me feel weird and in denial that it has much to do with me but it makes me feel like she really was waiting on me to come, in order to show her true colors and to shine for me! Here is a little girl that they said a month ago..."couldn't sit up, couldn't crawl, didn't push up, didn't play with toys and didn't interact".....Shine on sweet Stella, shine on....I'll see you soon!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you home. Now just a little time to relax and regroup. Give those pets a big hug, I'm sure they missed you. What a lucky job you have with the airlines, just think how much you have saved with your resourcefulness. I do say you come up with some of the greatest music.
    I've started my blog. It is very simple so far. I sent you an invite.

    By the way, you can never have too many hair accessories....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you're home,safe and sound, and lovin' your animals...I'm sure they missed you like crazy! Perhaps Phoebe will take this time to soak up your love, just like Stella has, and they'll both experience a bit of healing energies. Welcome home! (and can't wait to see that little squirt sportin' her new mini!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this post left a huge smile on my face. I can tell you're shining too! You sound so happy and energized and joy filled! Can't wait until you are able to say 16 flights down, 0 to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are home and getting the rest you will need for the next couple of trips. And I'm happy you liked the clothes and toys for Stella. Those are all new outfits for her though. I just shop at the same place as I do for Lexie. It's so much fun to dress baby girls. Especially adorable ones like yours.

    Lou Ann & Lexie too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, Stella is soooooooooo stinkin' cute!!! Oh my gosh. I just love reading your blog because it makes my heart sing. I know you're missing Stella deeply and I don't dismiss this, but it's fun to think about all of the wonderful times you have in the future. First Halloween, First Thanksgiving, First Christmas, waking up with a cutie pie in bed, first throw up in the car (ok, that one isn't quite is much fun). Any how, hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, Mama! Your interpreter clearly didn't know the Caesars... who had a new barrette every day for Anelya. LOL You are as crazy and Erin and I are! Glad you made it home safely to your furry family. Get some sleep. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Lisa--now just keep getting ready to go back!!!
    I took hair accessories every day to the orphanage too and they all came with Hannah and I when we left--I thought I would surely never see them again but I did.
    Your post just shines with happiness--just like Stella is doing. I can't wait to see how brightly she shines when she is home with you!!

    ReplyDelete