Monday, July 26, 2010

a few of my favorite things....





My heart is bursting as I share my favorite pictures of Stella Sabrina......what can I say? Stella has captured my heart. This is what love feels like. This is true love.

Today was our last bonding say #15 of this trip or #21 if you count June. I count June because it's where I fell in love with a sweet little toot named Sabrina. To my happiness she has actually morphed into Stella who is srtong, stubborn, curious and so, so funny! She makes me laugh and right now she makes me cry. How can I leave? I have to....I have to go back to my life and work and prepare for my life with her. It's so hard. I was so proud of myself today...I handed little Stella over to her caregiver with a measly package of Hawaiian candy and asked that they remind her of me until I get back. They said that they would. I teared up but didn't cry like the baby that I am being now. My heart aches.....

I am heading home in the morning, my translator, Galina and I are going for dinner tonight. I am flying stand by on KLM so I am worried about that. I am staying overnight in AMS and if I feel up to it I will see my Dutch friends. My Continental flight will be fine...I may not have a seat but I can always jump seat home.

Oh boy, who knew? I am just so surprised at how this has all played out. I am in love with a girl! I am so thrilled and excited about my life to come. In about 20 or so days I should be back and if I get a YES then it will be official...she will be mine. I pray for a YES so that I can bring my little Stella Bella home.

Paka to my love Stella and I'll see you soon........




15 comments:

  1. Aw man Lisa, I'm tearing up just reading this. Hopefully the next 20 days will fly by and you'll have your sweet Stella Bella in your arms again. She is such an ethereal beauty. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what sweet pictures of little Stella! Have a safe trip home. I am sorry you have to leave her but she will be home with you before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see these photos of your beautiful, sweet Stella Bella. I am just so happy for you, Lisa. I hope the time goes quickly for you both, so Stella is back in your arms for good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such sweet pictures. wishing you safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayers are with you as you travel home. Your time will be so busy, then before you know it, Stella will travel home with you. She is just precious....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures of Stella--so gorgeous. I know your heart is breaking today but it will be full beyond measure soon--and the thing is, it keeps getting fuller--it's weird how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart breaks for you. Keep busy and plan for Stella's arrival. See lots of movies and read some books because you won't have time for those things later! Let me know if you come to Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saying goodbye is so hard, but it is one of the last times you will have to do it!! Have a safe trip home. I pray the time will pass quickly as you prepare for her. She is so sweet & beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so sweet and so soon to be yours forever! Try to enjoy the next few weeks and put lots of money away. Baby GIRL clothes are just too cute to pass up. Believe me I know!

    Have a safe flight home and travel first class!
    Love ya,
    Lou Ann & Lexie the well dressed princess too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe your bonding time is already complete! Congratulations! Leaving will be so difficult, but the time will pass and you have so much to look forward to. I agree with prior posts about spending money on gifts for Stella in Kazakhstan that you probably will never find anywhere else. But as you have multiple trips ahead of you, you have an advantage in that you can wait for the next trip or the one after to see how much $$ is left. We did one trip and I wish we would have thought to buy more than we did, but we had packing issues to deal with too. Anyway, safe travels to you and we look forward to your next post! Paka!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the pics! hope the next 20 days go quickly. i can't believe this is really happening lisa! after all this time, to see that little girl in your arms brings tears to my eyes. i'm so happy for you!!!

    love ya! have a safe flight home!!!
    lior

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stella is such a beautiful little girl. I hope the next 20 days fly by for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stella is perrrrfect!

    So, this is the hard part I told you about ;-) Try to put al of your energy into preparing your house. Do things you will not be able to do later. Go to the movies (you can forget that for a long while), get some spa treatments, READ BOOKS, go out wth your friends.... Soon you will be blissfully home a lot more, so get it in while you can.

    Safe trip home!
    xo
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so precious! I hope the next few weeks just fly by for you and before you know it, you're snugglin' with your baby girl again. You're in the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete