Saturday, July 24, 2010

stella, the mountains and dostar



This is our Russian/American appetizer feast to go with the Dostar vodka. Dostar means friends. Galina's dish was the far left....pickles, pickled mushrooms, boiled potatoes, pink tomatoes and pickled herring. (Her sweet Kazakh husband made it all) interesting. We would toast, take a deep breath, drink then have a goodie ready like a pickle or a potato. Yes, interesting...the herring was indescribable! Really...don't ask me to describe it....ha ha!

Today I got a little longer visit with Stella...the team dropped me off then on to BH #2 for Beth. Today was Beth's last day to see her little girl until she picks her up...they are saying it should be 30 to 45 days. Today was the 2nd from last visit for me and Stella...Monday being the last. It is going to be hard to say paka to this little angel.

When they picked me up they informed me that we were finally going to get our Mountain trip so up we went. It was beautiful up there. I am glad I got to go while Beth was still here.

Tonight for Beth's last dinner we are going to Saffron....maybe it's greek or indian? I'm not sure but she wants to go. I have been adventures with food but I easily could have gone to Mama Mia every night.... ; )

5 comments:

  1. She is so cute in her scarf. Hope you enjoyed your dinner. Those treats look delicious! I love that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her outfit...the scarf is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella is SO very pretty - especially in her little scarf! And what a treat to have a meal at home! Even if it is an adventure. BTW, I think that Saffron was my favorite restaurant in all of Almaty it was so good. Though it is not cheap. The food is middle eastern/lebanese if I remember correctly. The bread especially was to die for and the hummus too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stella is so adorable. Enjoy your time with her!

    Looking for a yummy place to eat, try Namaste.

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!!! She is so petite and lovely. Looks like a fun dinner, I am so glad you are getting out there and enjoying your time -- I always disliked those "groundhog day" posts from APs. It doesn't have to be that way...there is a whole country to explore and a million amazing people to meet!

    ReplyDelete