Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's a go

I am happy to say...It looks like a go! I am leaving for Kazakhstan tomorrow!!!! I have been running last minute errands and I am all over the place...kitty to vets (again), flip flops in case it gets hot, dinner for tonight......I just want to scream and shout. I am so excited. I can hardly believe it is finally my turn!! I just looked at Looking for Sam to see where I stand on timeline....2 years, 11 months and 5 days tomorrow. I am also just short of a year since I submitted with Kids to Adopt. I am very happy with Kids. I hope I haven't complained too much. Erin has been wonderful and great at getting right back to me via email. I owe them everything! A very special Thanks to Lou Ann and Mary who have been there with me from the beginning and to all those who have been with me most of the way...that's you Q, Harmon's, Rose, Lior, Susan, Jane, Marla, Gretchen, Julie, Andrea, Sandi, Becki, Jim and all my new friends that I have met thru FB and Two Hearts. Should I name you guys? Well you know who you are and I thank you!! I seriously don't know how I would have made it without all the words of encouragement and just your knowledge of what is to come. It's a scary thing to go into this blind...even with 3 years head start.

I don't have many family members on here but from the bottom of my heart thank you Darcy (sister/guardian) for always asking me what I was going to do about it?? Well I did something didn't I...ha ha! And my beautiful nieces Ashley, CoCo, Paige, Rhea (and Chase) who have always been the closest I thought I would ever have to my own children. You will never know how much you have enriched my life. My parents who questioned but supported when they saw that I was going to really do it. My Mom who already calls him Sammy and it just melts my heart. Love you so much. Can't wait to bring home this little guy or girl who has a wonderful if crazy life ahead of him.

I am going to meet my child in 6 days! Amazing! Isn't life good?? I just feel Love!

17 comments:

  1. Lisa, Felt like I was being honored by an Academy Award winner...but this is even BETTER! So happy for you and I can hardly wait to read details of your adventures and the little person who greets you on the other side of this very fine world! You've been such a trooper through all of the ups and downs, and I'm so pleased to see that your time has finally arrived! Have a safe trip, and HOLD ON TIGHT! Love, Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see pictures. You have waited a long time for this to happen. You will be in our thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I don't even know what to say because it's all been said, and to say that I'm happy for you is possibly the biggest understatement of the year! I'd love to know your travel itinerary so that tomorrow I can think to myself, "Lisa's at the airport now...Lisa's on the plane now...Lisa's in KAZ now!!" I think that, when I see the first picture of you with Sam, I'm going to be a blubbering fool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to quote the song I told you about ages ago, "Godspeed, sweet dreams."

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song I downloaded to Looking for Sam...you are the best Rose!! Tears here!

    Q...you know I will hold on with all I have!

    Cheryl Can you handle another grandchild out here in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Yayayay!! It's been a long time comin' - and I couldn't be happier for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see your journey unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is your turn!!!!

    What overvthe top WONDERFUL news!!!!!! I can not wait to follow your journey!!!!!!!

    These days are so magical. Take it all in...these moments will keep you smiling for life!

    Four Harmon hearts sending tons of love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lisa, I got chills when I read your post and as I write this note, tears are welling up in my eyes. I'm so thrilled for you from the bottom of my heart. Your Sam is ready for you to come. How blessed is that. I'll continue to check your blog daily and send prayers for you.

    All my very best, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa--We have stuck together through so much--you were always there for me too. Like everyone else I am crying happy tears for you. I can feel your excitement and happiness in your post. You always said it to me and I will repeat it to you again. YOU ARE EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE MEANT TO BE!
    Thinking of you everyday and I can't wait to hear all abou Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sam,

    You're Mommy is finally on her way. She's been trying to get to you for what seems like forever but God told her to wait. Wait for HER Sam - you! It's not been easy for her knowing that she hasn't been the one to hold you when you are tired or sad but she knows you've been well cared for. Now it's her turn to hold you and sing to you and play with you and love you for the rest of your life. She's very excited and you'll know her by the smile on her lips and the tears in her eyes.

    Sam she's bringing you lots of fun toys and has a terrific bedroom all set up for you when she gets to bring you home. But for now just know that Mommy will be there soon. She's waited a long time for this moment but she knows you were worth the wait.

    Sleep tight little Sammy!

    Love,
    Lou Ann & Lexie - special friends of your mommy's who have keep her company along the journey to you. She's worth the wait too Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lisa,
    i am SO happy for you. i feel like i have gone through all the emotions and the ups and downs with you. i know you will be there for me when it is my turn! i just can't wait to see the pics of your kaz adventures! i'm thinking about you today. have a safe flight! can't wait till you meet sam!
    lior

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking last night, that MAN is it unfair that you have had to wait so long to meet your Sammy. THEN I realized that, it's not unfair, that actually everything is as it should be. Sam was not ready for you until now and now is your time... and his time. If your path had been more "smooth" you would not have wound up with this miracle child who was created to be your son.

    You deserve this more than anyone I know. I am so proud of how you have persevered. I admire you for your courage and strength and cannot FREAKING WAIT TO SEE YOUR FIRST PICTURE WITH SAM. Ok I am fine now, really. LOL

    Thinking of you and just shaking with delight,
    Andrea xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally love getting a shout out in the blog!!! I bet it's hot in Almaty now, good call on the flips! Who is your in country team? Where are you staying? I can't wait for your first post from Almaty!!! Wish I was there with you :-) Sam is going to read this post someday and know just how excited you were and how much you went through to be his mama!! Now go get that baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa,

    So so happy for you!!! I will ditto what everyone else has said! Even though you have waited FOREVER, it is all in the right time to meet your perfect Sam. It is so true, he was not ready yet and now he is! I can not wait to see the first photo's of you and your boy!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO thrilled... you are in Kaz. now!!! OMG! Can't even tell you how thrilled I am for you... fianlly.. you are there!! Praying all goes well.. can't wait to see and hear all about it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, finally......I am so happy for you. You will be a wonderful mother for Sam. I can't wait to see pictures of your journey. My thoughts and prayers are with you....always.

    ReplyDelete