Saturday, May 29, 2010

the wings of change.....

I got a message a few days ago that when the team said 2 weeks (delayed) they really only meant 1 week! Looks like I will be leaving here on June 2 and arrive on June 4. Baby house visit on May 7th!!!!!!

A few changes that I know about are that I will probably be at a hotel now and there is another single with another agency, same team, that will be there with me. That will be nice. I wish I knew who it was ahead of time but really...I am traveling blind!

Wanted to share with you again my dream...way back...about the time I started this journey and I just looked over some of my old posts .....2007!!...really chokes me up....what was I thinking? Thank goodness for my friends and those that kept me going!

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2007

Lucky fortune cookie

Since I started seriously working forward on my adoption, I have had several people say" Oh, I see you with a girl, not a boy". I have thought long and hard about this. There are reasons for both but in the end I just keep coming back to Boy. Yesterday, my niece Paige and I had a wonderful lunch at P.F. Changs. My fortune cookie said "Son" on one side with the Chinese spelling. The other side said, "Do not give up; the beginning is always the hardest".

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2007

The name Sam

Around April of this year, I had a wonderful dream. I was in a hallway with my florida cousins, there was a guide with us. I asked (my) the guide where we were. He said "This is the hallway of things that have not yet happened". I saw that there were doorways in this hall with many things in them. I asked the guide if one of the doorways was for me. He pointed up ahead. There was a door with a sort of half pink tulip on it. I walked into the room and against the wall were 3 white baby cribs. In the center crib there was a baby blue blanket on it and inside were spiderman toys. I stepped back and there was a name on the crib and it said....Lisa and Sam Schultz. I first thought, Is Sam my future husband's name? Then I thought NO! That's the name of my baby! I woke up saying Sam Schultz, Sammy Schultz!! (Sam was the name of my Mother's only brother who we all loved dearly)

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that things are happenig sooner than expected for a change.
    Those old posts are still so relevent. It is amazing when you look back, isn't it. Well--you followed your fortune cookie and you never gave up--now you are on your way to your son.
    The dream is beautiful.
    I think it is nice you will be in a hotel with others there. I really enjoyed meeting other families in Russia and I always felt safe in the hotel.
    Take care, God Bless, and safe travels. I will thinking of you the whole way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is IT Lisa. For real this time. I just know it. This time next week you'll be sitting in an Internet cafe writing your first blog post from Kaz telling us about your dream on the plane......wonder what it will be?

    It is finally time for you and Sam to meet. So pack your bags for the last time and get ready to become a mom!!

    Love
    Lou Ann & Lexie too

    PS - I hope you took back the down filled coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful dream Sam!! and i love the fortune cookie. I had SO many signs about Leeza before we left, when i was an absoulte mess and our agency was rumored to be going out of business. they closed the 2nd day we were in Kaz, but we were fine. It's KISMET GIRL.
    go get your boy. It's awesome having a son. (and a daughter too) but my son was my first and he's AWESOME. just he doesn't dress cute anymore at 12. thanks for letting me follow along!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPPEE!!! Just a few more days and you're finally leaving...I am SO SO happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and she's off!! Just a month ago, I was sitting in the Seoul airport, exhausted but elated, chatting with you online and pushing Hannah's stroller with my foot to keep her asleep...now it's your turn!! your dreams are coming true and I am sooooo happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you Lisa! Wow, it is hard to believe you have been on the journey since 2007. 2007 is a very special year for me, I signed up with my agency March 2007 and traveled October 2007 to meet Henry and returned home Nov.17,2007. I am trilled that your time is finally here, good things always come to us that wait. I can not wait to see pictures of you and your boy, Sam:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey - yay this is great!!!! i am so excited for you - why the hotel now?? - it will be interesting to meet the other single - and find out about her journey- the three of us can compare!!!!! I will be watching the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, we are so excited for you as you begin your journey. We will be shouting support via comments, and praying for you every single day. It is FINALLY your time. YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete