Wednesday, May 5, 2010

okay okay...I am updating!

I think I was told on FB to update so here goes.....I have had a rough couple of days. So you know about the Holiday last week and that the Embassy is closed on Wednesdays. So the next day (Thursday) they take my paperwork into the Embassy and they say that the MFA in Kaz hasn't sent over my official LOI. Meaning they can't start the process. When they do start the process, it will take at least 3 days. My agency has emailed the team to let them know...no word yet. If the LOI is sent by tomorrow then there is a possibility that I may still be able to travel on Tuesday or Wednesday. Since we haven't heard anything from the team...who knows when it will happen. I am stressing too because the flights are looking bad, negative numbers, towards the end of the week. Meaning that I can still go but may have to ride jump seat the whole way to Amsterdam and can only hope that I will get on the KLM flight to Almaty.

I was so trying not to be Negative Nelly but it just hurts my heart. I am at 2 years and 10 months and I just want to go and meet my child. My sweet Mom brought me over a rose yesterday. After I came over to her house crying because of all this and on the way I hit a poor innocent squirrel. I just feel sad. Thanks you guys...you have really done a great job with your support. I just need you a bit longer to be my cheerleaders. It's going to happen, isn't it??

10 comments:

  1. Of course it's going to happen!! And you cried over a squirrel so you are officially a mom!! Keep on keepin on....we are all pulling for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't meant to update here, but I'm glad that you did, because now I get the fully story. Lisa, it will happen for you, and it will be soon...just not as soon as you were expecting. I know it's hard to believe that "everything happens for a reason" and when it's supposed to, but it's the only thing that makes any of this make sense. I will be here as a cheerleader for as long as you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mercury retrograde goes away May 11th if that makes you any more optimistic. Actually, there really does seem to be some bad karma going around right now. We have had our share of paperwork hiccups too during the past week or so. I thought all was set but then learned just this AM that our LOI, which is in process, can't be issued until we have our new I-171H with updated fingerprints. Well, both times my prints came back unreadable so I have to go to sign a sworn affidavit instead (an hour's drive). But the officer who does this is out until Monday. And I'm out of town Monday-Tuesday next week. Great. And I've been in email contact with another family going to our region who has had their LOI in hand for nearly a month but can't travel yet because of these unbelievable paperwork snafus.

    So, you are not alone in this and it will happen. And, by the way, I've been checking fares online and it looks like the Saturday departures are still pretty good which is when we'll probably be traveling. Meeting your child first thing Monday morning - when the good vibes are flowing - wouldn't be such a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheering, praying, and sending hugs YOUR way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa--of course it will happen. Have a good cry when you need to and then remember that you have a child waiting.
    I am sorry it has been so hard for you--I will be here as your cheerleader forever and I can't wait until we share "mommy" stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa - Just think that for us adoptive moms - this is our equivalent of labor pains!!!! - maybe more like false labor pains !!!! Just think of those China PAPs who are waiting 3-4 years!!! - Ok I know it doesn't really help because we are talking about you!! LOL - I will say again - having got the perfect child for me - that when you go it will be when the he/she you are meant to have will be there.. OK - it really sucks - but like labor pains it will be all forgotten...
    Love Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa...of course, the support is yours and will continue long after you're home with Sam! It is so difficult to hold onto faith sometimes, but hold you will! There really is that special little someone who will wash away all these days of waiting...but until then...hold strong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. any news on when you will be able to travel? i said a prayer for you today, hope you get to meet your sam this week!!! you are so close lisa, don't get discouraged now! you have so many people who support you and we are all sending prayers/positive vibes your way!!! good luck with everything, and keep us all posted!
    lior

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peace today to my friend who is a mom-to-be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe.....Soon. I can feel it. You're almost there.

    ReplyDelete