Saturday, May 1, 2010

Roller coaster ride

Hey guys, little change of plans today...I got my LOI at around 11:30 this afternoon, YAY...the Embassy closed at noon and Monday is May Day, a holiday! This means that Best case I would get my visa and passport back on May 8. So new plans are I will leave on Sunday, May 9 to arrive in Kazakhstan on May 11. Just one day late. It's doable and I will have a great crew on my Continental flight!

Scrambling today to pull money from here and there....steal from Peter to give to Paul or something like that. They found an apartment for me to stay in but it requires cash which I hadn't planned on. In the long run it will be less expensive and I can eat in more often. I had hoped to be able to buy little gifts for every birthday but may have to forgo that to eat. Ha ha, guess I will manage. Oh and I found some sweet leather make up bags that I ordered online, now I can just put one item from Bath and Body Works inside instead of taking so much heavy liquid.
2006484 Slim Cosmetic Case


I am so excited to have my new life and new adventure begin! Can you imagine...in just 9 days I will actually meet the child that will be my son or daughter? I can't even describe how that makes me feel. The child that has always been meant to be mine I will be meeting very soon. It's in the stars, I am sure of it now!

9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you have a definite plan...can't wait to follow along and "meet" Sam myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you that things are falling into place. Each of us has our time and this one is all yours Lisa--enjoy every second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo-hoo!!! Can you believe you are a week away?! Sam already has an Ohio based fan club...Hannah and I check the blog EVERY DAY!!! I know what you mean about the expenses...By the time I finish paying off this adoption it will be time to start paying off her college!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May is a beautiful month in Kaz...you really won't need much in terms of warm clothes, if that helps you unload the suitcase at all. A light wt. jacket will be plenty, and with staying in apt., you probably won't be out much in late evening anyway! Are you staying in the city?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like your stars are aligning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just realized, you are leaving on MOTHER'S DAY!!! Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lisa--any updates? thinking of you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you!! I'll definitely be stalking the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fantastic! I'm glad I'm not the only one stalking the blog. Heehee.

    ReplyDelete