Wednesday, April 28, 2010

7 days, that’s only 168 hours, 10,080 minutes and you will be a mommy!!!!!!!!!!!! Better enjoy the single life this second because it’s going to be over and you will have a BETTER more exciting life in just 7 days!


Thanks Jim! He sent me this via email. I am freakin' out a little at this moment. No receipt of my I-171H extension at the US Embassy in Kaz and still waiting on my LOI and my visa. I know it will all turn out okay, and I never thought that I would have this reaction...anxiety!! I also have the heaviest friggin' care giver gifts ever...Bath and Body works sets which have about 6 pieces each including candles. Is that enough?Sigh.......

4 comments:

  1. Lisa: I'm sure that everyone who has travelled to KAZ for adoption can recall at least 5 things that they forgot to do, or left to the very last available minute...it WILL all work out, because it is YOUR time...FINALLY!! You're taking care of the important items, and you will undoubtedly leave some things undone...and Sam won't mind it at all. Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There always seems to be something to panic about at the 11th hour and, amazingly, things seem to come together just in time. So trust that things will work out fine (we got our LOI 2 days before we were supposed to get on a plane and we ended up with tickets and visas in hand and on a plane in 3 days so it can be done!). Plus technically you don't need that 171H until the 2nd trip so you have at least 2 months to track it down. Good luck with the planets aligning! I am hoping that we'll be traveling within the next 2 weeks or so and also hoping that we'll see each other in Almaty on the 2nd trip! (Remember: breathe breathe breath... and most of this stress will melt away once you board that plane!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Lisa--you are totally normal and you are starting the greatest adventure of your life. <>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    You are so close and it's taken so long that you are entitled to freak out a little bit. But once you are sitting on that plane (as a passenger this time!) everything will be just fine. No matter what you forgot or didn't think of, you will make due.

    I can hardly wait to "meet" Sam! I'll be you're a little excited too!!

    Lou Ann & Lexie - Sam's older Kazakh girlfriend

    PS - I don't know why but whatever is in the picture didn't come through for me. It's just a red x

    ReplyDelete