Saturday, June 5, 2010

I am in Kaz!!!

My seat mate and body guard!


My Hotel room in Almaty

I am loving this place! Okay so I'll back track on the day I left. My sister, Darcy was scheduled to pick me up at noon on May 2. At 11 I checked my email to see...Houston we have a problem!! What?? Oh no!! So it seems that twice now the Birth Mother(BM) has shown up at the Baby House (BH) I knew this two weeks ago but they said she signed again to relinquish all rights. From what I know, she gave him up just after birth and must have been 14 because she is now 16. Apparently she came back and there may be an issue with that. So my agency asked me if I wanted to wait or go...well you guessed it of course I came!!! My thinking is that the team just finished up two families and another will be coming next week. I think I am it, so maybe we can concentrate on ME and get this thing done! If the little guy is not the one then maybe there is someone else waiting in the wings for me. There has to be!! I will post more on Monday.

So my flights were wonderful! since I was traveling standby on both airlines it was a worry with school out and people traveling. Continental had -8 seats available last week but it continued to get better and the day I left there must have been a big no show factor...I not only got on but got a first class seat!!! The crew was the best and I knew everyone and they were all excited for me...they have heard it all over the past 3 years to be sure!! So I arrived AMS and found the KLM and rechecked my bags....they charged me 155 euros for my second bag....oops and ouch! I should have stuck with my one bag but I hoped for mercy. I stayed at the Yotel which is a little prrfab room that looks like a ships quarter. I had to laugh it was soooo tiny! I could sit at the fold down desk, on the fold down chair and touch both the bed, shower, sink and toilet!! The KLM flight was great! The crew very nice..the purser brought me a little KLM bib and as a courtesy gave me one of the great ceramic dutch houses that they give out in FC. I sat in coach but had two seats together. Sometimes it pays to work for an airline! After 22 years it all came together for me on these two flights!!

The team met me at the airport (4:15 am). During this time I will have the coordinator, the interpreter and a driver. We went to the Hotel Alma which is more then I wanted to spend but very comfy and nice (130). I have a small fridge with a freezer and a heated towel rack in the bathroom and an AC that froze me out last night....if you know me...that never happens!! Everything is perfect! So we get here and I have until about 2 to rest...finally got to sleep around 10 am and I get a call at 11:40 saying they are coming in 20 minutes and we are going to the DOE (dept. of Education) This step must be done before you are allowed to visit the BH. Now it is apparent that my coordinator Zhaniya (Jennia) is well connected and we just got in as the person we are to see runs in and out. Everything went well so now we have "direction" to visit the BH on Monday. My interpreter is Galina and very nice. It is a little odd having a conversation as I look to the person who is speaking then to Galina to translate.

Last night I had free and found Assorti for dinner (pizza to Sushi) It was delicious! Today in a bit Galina and or Zhaniya will come for me around 1 and we will exchange money and do a little shopping. I am hoping to go to one of the Bazaars where I might find some local treasures!

It really is surreal being here in Kaz! I have waited for so long and planned the details for 3 years. Everything I had tucked away to bring with me is here in the one room. I am so excited for Monday because I really do BELIEVE that Sam will be there.

18 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you Lisa!!! WE BELIEVE too!!! Monday is your day!!
    Thank you for allowing us to follow your blog! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Monday!! Believe that everything will work itself out and you will have your Sam in your arms soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to absorb every minute of it! You'll look back later and realize these moments right now will seem like a blur to you, so soak it allll up! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Kaz, Lisa! You have worked hard for this and it is your time! I love your attitude about the little guy. By now you know that the baby who is meant for you will appear, whether it is him or not. This is very exciting and I am going to stalk your every entry!

    xo
    Andrea & Anelya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hear the excitement and joy in your post. I am so super happy for you--three years of hard work really coming true!! Savor every minute--it goes so fast. Have a great Monday and say Hi to Sam--he has many fans here in the states already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thrilled that you're in Kaz!!! I'll be waiting like crazy until Monday. Enjoy the time and soak it all in. All my best, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so incredibly exciting!

    First class on the way over? Sweet! I'm so glad it worked out.

    You sound absolutely great, and I can't wait to see what Monday brings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa
    I have waited along side you for 3 years waiting for this post. I am beyond happy that your in Kaz and soo close to meeting your Sam.

    I can't wait until Monday and I am thrilled you posted to your blog :)

    Sending hugs and positive vibes that you will know your Sam soon.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if I've ever looked forward to a Monday before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa: Am so looking forward to Monday and your news of who Sam will be. So exciting! These are the days that you will NEVER forget! Q.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa -
    I can't believe those are your digs!I mean most families (me included) stayed in less than desirable places. But you so deserve being treated like a QUEEN!!From the flights to your in country team and now your accommodations. I'm glad things are finally going your way. Your turn has been such a LONG time coming so enjoy every minute. And the best gift of all will be Sam who you'll be meeting in less than 24 hours. Talk about time to celebrate! I'm just thrilled for you and Sam. You will finally be a family. Make sure someone takes lots of pictures!!

    Lou Ann & Lexie too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait until Monday gets here!! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post!! so happy you made it there safe and sound and are having a wonderful time. Isn't it weird to think that tomorrow will be one of the biggest days of you life? I am soooo excited to be able to share this journey with you. Have the time of your life and HUG THAT BABY BOY!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the newest addition to the Kaz Class of 2010 club.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monday is around the corner! I am so excited to be following YOU on YOUR journey to YOUR Sam!! I pray everything goes smoothly on Monday. It is a blessing to be able to follow and support you like you did for us!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...your room looks much nicer than the one we stayed in Almaty. I can't wait to see a photo of you holding Sam. I think I have written that several times in the last few years :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa - so excited for you! I hope you have already met and held little Sammy! I can't wait for you to get him back in your home so no more worries and delays. My thoughts and prayers are with you this week.

    ReplyDelete