Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bonding day 2

My scheduled time to bond with Miss Stella Sabrina is 10:30, meet down at 10.....well we are on Kaz time here...LOL. I don't think we even left the hotel until 11:30?? So I am thinking...here we go making a bad impression on the first day! We walk up to the door and there are about 6 baby's in strollers out for a nice day in the sun...I told my coordinator that I thought that was Stella and we go over....I rattled her little doggie rattle and she looks over at us and gets excited! All the caregivers smiled and greeted us. I swear that in just the 3 days that I have known her, she has changed so much. Her face and head seems to have grown and her little personality is blossoming....I wonder if she is that way with the caregivers? We got her to not only to smile but to break out in Laughter! I can't stop looking at her videos.

Haven't heard any more about the little guy....I hope for him and pray that he finds a wonderful family. Wish I knew more about him to pass the info on.
Andrea said about the little guy....I should thank him because now you know why that his birth mother had to come back...it was for me to open up my heart to Stella....makes me want to cry at how close I was to never meeting her and never having her in my life! They had painted such a bleak picture of her I almost didn't want to go...she was also sleeping when she would have been in the group of SN kids and I may not have really seen her potential.

Really good news about those special needs kids that I met the first day....Erin with Kids to Adopt wants try to place them in the US and maybe feature them on Rainbow Kids so that they might also get their chance to find their families! Good has come out of this trip in so many ways.

Paka for now...nap time for this tired Mama who has averaged maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep at night ; )


13 comments:

  1. Lisa - Stella is beautiful. I am so happy that this week has turned out for the good and that you have found Stella. God has had his hand in this and worked in His mysterious ways. I can still remember when we finally found Ben - I posted that the day didn't start as I anticipated but ended beautifully. I am so happy for you and that your journey has brought you to Stella. She will thrive with you as her Mama!!! Enjoy your bonding time!! What BH are you at?? Hugs & love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you've heard so many times, it is pure joy to watch these children blossom with the love and attention that parents can bring. We thought Max had significant development disabilities when we met him -- he didn't say anything, and only made these deep, sad, scared moans. We plowed ahead because we knew he was meant to be ours, regardless. By the time we got him to our hotel on gotcha' day, he was babbling, giggling, laughing, etc. Fast forward two years ahead to now - it's as if that little boy we met on Day 1 was truly a different child! We are so happy for you, and we get chills thinking about the joy you will feel as you see Stella emerge right before your eyes. There's nothing else like it. Congrats, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa we are so happy for you. Thank you for allowing us to follow your journey!!! God's blessings to you both.... Mama!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!

    What a surprise! A GIRL!!!!

    Very happy for you and can't wait to see the photos. She sounds adorable! And I think that Stella is my all time favourte name for a girl!
    I kept my dd's given name, but gave her the middle name of Star. So I got it in there anyway! Once again, hearty congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 & 5 hours? Welcome to the mom club :) 7 is a true blessing-even now! I still feel like Connor changes every day-once you start watching her closely, she will do something new and exciting all the time. They will never cease to amaze you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy every single second of your time with her, it truly is amazing how fast they grow and change. You are both so lucky to have found each other and I am so happy for you both. And get used to the no sleep thing... of course, if you are up at 3am you are welcome to call...we are up too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true you know. That little boy brought you to your Stella. That was his role in your journey and for that, we will always love him. I am so happy for you. Isn't it wonderful to watch her blossom? I remember going back to the hotel every night and watching videos of her for HOURS after my mom had gone to bed. Just last night, I had that same feeling and missed her while she was sleeping, so I went in and picked her up and snuggled her in the rocker as she slept. You will do that soon too and it's the best. All our love to you. Andrea & Anelya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Lisa--God's hands are all over this one! so many good things to come out of your trip--you can feel proud and blessed. I will continue to pray for the little boy and the other children you have met.
    Isn't it fun to see Stella grow and change--it just keeps happening all the time. Almost every day there is a new phrase she says, a new look she gives, a new quirk to her personality, or something that continues to amaze me. Just like Andrea I have picked her up when she's sleeping just to hold her and snuggle--fortunatley she sleeps through it. I love to look at her and constantly tell her she is beautiful. You will be the same way--if you aren't already.
    Love and hugs--Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Tears of Joy for you Lisa as you get to know your "Sam". God does work in amazing ways, and as everyone has already said, and you are seeing for yourself....the love you give Stella Sabrina will make her grow in ways you can't even fathom yet!! I'm so very happy for you and your daughter. Girls clothes are REALLY fun too. :) Save your pennies. :) XOXOOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful! I'm catching up on the past few days. Wouldn't it be ironic, now that you little Stella, that I have a boy (since I have been praying for a girl!)? Well we won't know till January - as my joiner continues! Glad yours is beginning the next phase.
    Look forward to hearing from you when you are back. Get rest when you can momma!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lisa,
    i am just catching up with your blog, but been following along on facebook. i am so happy you are having such a good bonding experience with stella. so excited to see how she is blossoming already! sounds like she will be a little firecracker!!!

    try not to feel lonely, there are so many people who are with you in spirit!!! we're all thinking about you all the time so just imagine we are all there with you! loving the posts and the pictures of your almaty adventures!

    lior

    ReplyDelete
  12. A girl! Such a blessing! She sounds so tiny but she's going to grow so fast. I am so happy for you and your new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe it....finally...you are a mother. Great joy!!!!! You will remember these special days and moments for the rest of your life. Sleep, who needs sleep. Your love will carry you through. Remember, God only gives us exactly what we can handle.
    Take care and please send pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete