Thursday, June 10, 2010

Surprise ....It's a girl!

I am so behind here because the internet is so slow. I tried earlier to post a picture and it was a no go! I apologize to anyone who has already read this.......

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:46:49 -0400
From: lsbblues@aol.com

The little boy that I came to Kazakhstan to meet was not available as of today...I made a decision with my head and my heart and I chose to bond with a little girl. Darcy you were right...I was choosing a boy with my head but a girl has always been in my heart. I can't wait for dance classes and tutus! Today was day 1 of the bonding period for Miss Stella Sabrina Schultz! Her given name is Sabrina and it will become her middle name. Stella Sabrina is adorable! She is just barely 6 kilos which I believe is about 13.5 pounds. Her first birthday is coming up and she will be 1 year old on June 21st. Unfortunately she will have to celebrate it here in her Baby House #1 but I will be there with her for sure.

We had a great first day! She is trying to sit up on her own, she played with the toys I brought and batted at a toy I dangled and kicked her legs in excitement. She isn't probably used to such stimulation! Today it was just myself and the baby and Galina, the interpreter in a very small room with NO ventilation, no windows or A/C...you all know that I hate the heat but we made it through. From tomorrow on I will visit at 10:30 so It should be cooler. It didn't take long before she smiled and she loved it when I gave her kisses! Stella Sabrina knew her name and followed me with her eyes the whole time. She never became bored and we interacted for the whole hour. She even was fascinated by a little video I took of her. This is a little girl that is going to catch up quickly with a lot of love an attention.

I can't wait for you all to meet her!! Love you! Lisa and Stella in Kazakhstan


No comments:

Post a Comment