Monday, November 1, 2010

back tract to October 15








Wow, time has just flown by...so I thought that I would just go back and post as I remember instead of all in one post. I arrived in Almaty on Friday, October 15. For some reason I can't even remember my flights. Oh wait....lets see on Continental I got lucky and used a pass to get me in business first..it was very nice. My friend Pam who worked the flight gave me and Stella two lovely gifts that she made. A bib with an airplane on it and a needle point pillow with her birthdate and foot prints on it. So so sweet! Oh now it's coming back to me. I was also upgraded to business first on KLM...there was hardly anyone up front and it was such a nice treat. I ate and slept in style. I think I've said before...Stella means star and she is my lucky star!

I had expected to take custody of Stella on Friday but my coordinator had different plans...thank goodness! I was exhausted and fell asleep at 7 pm. I did get to see Stella that day and she was just as sweet as ever, however in the first of our visit she seemed a little angry...is that possible? I saw her also on Saturday and we took back where we left off. So Monday was to be our "gothcha day"!

October 18, 2010. I had an outfit in mind for the day but it got a little chilly so I had to scramble to find something warm enough. We got the baby house around 10 after we shopped for cakes and candy. I also had my gifts I purchased for the chief doctor and the care givers. I was so nervous! I gave the visiting nurse, Batima, Stella's outfit and waited....a few minutes later they brought in the sweetest little girl in her "gotcha day" attire. What a sweetie...we all couldn't help but laugh. I topped it off by adding a nice set of pearls for the occasion.

We left the baby house and went straight to the SOS/International clinic. Stella cried huge tears as they poked and proded. What a trouper! After that we went the apartment and got to know each other a little.

That evening Stella would have nothing to do with the pac and play so in the bed she went. I can't even tell you how important that bonding time was for us. Several times she woke just to touch me or to smile and then slide right back to sleep. In the morning she layed there for about 20 minutes just smiling and looking at me and taking it all in. If I wasn't already in love with this little bit...well that was the icing on the cake!

Enjoy the pictures, they are a little out of order. Stella was in the same outfit, 4 months later that I met her in. So to Stella...I promise you, no more silly outfits or silly hats...more later.....



2 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa! I am soo glad that you made it home safely. How precious and wonderful is that little girl Stella. I have tears in my eyes imaging how you felt when Stella woke in the night just to touch you and look at you. What a beautiful moment.
    Two out of three o the single girls have come home with beautiful children. I can feel that my time is coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you posted about gotcha day. What a special time and special memories of bonding in bed that first night.

    ReplyDelete