Sunday, November 7, 2010

coming home forever




I think we were a little overwhelmed upon arriving into Houston. My little Kazakh cutie became a US citizen, and then we quietly collected our lugguge. Most of my family was out of town so we didn't expect much fanfare. As we walked through the arrival gates I heard someone yell...Aunt Lisa...look over here! It was my sweet niece Paige! I couldn't have been more surprised! Paige brought a sweet puppy and ballons fit for a princess, Paige helped us out with our luggage and we were met out in the arrivals area by my bestest friend Tina. How wonderful to have such great friends and family!

The following week is a blur. I brought home a stomach bug, ate something I shouldn't have or was just exhausted but sick! Tina stayed over and almost completely tended to the needs of my sweet Stella. A fast bond was created between the two of them. About a week later I woke up and was like....where have I been?? My little love forgave me and it has been a wonderful mix of family and friends meeting Stella and welcoming her to our family and our small town. I never thought that there would be so much love for this little sweet baby. I felt so alone at times in Kaz and am just so happy that everything has worked out so well. I will always tell Stella about her wonderful country of Kazakhstan. The people where so kind and they helped me bring her into a life of so much love. I love you Stella Bella....welcome home!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome Home Stella! What a lucky little girl you are... enjoy your new life to the fullest!

    Much love,
    Carolyn and Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ug sick on arrival!! I think everyone brings home a little stomach "souvenier" from Kaz...I was lucky but my friend Liz had Giardia. The next time you are sick, just put beautiful Stella on a plane to Ohio and she can hang out with her Kaz cousin Hannah and I can kiss that sweet face!!! Glad you are better and she is adjusting well. xoxo Erin and Hannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home to both of you! Sorry to hear you were so sick- ugh! We know how that goes. Welcome to the new and wonderful life of the two of you plus your many friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear that you are feeling better. Isn't having her home the most wonderful thing ever==even when you are exhausted, frustrated, and confused, nothing is better than having her home. I bet you two are into your little groove by now and just enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully seeing these photos in hindsight will help you forget that you were ill. They are terrific!!!! So glad you're home and well. Hula Hut??

    ReplyDelete