Thursday, August 19, 2010

Home sweet home again




Wow...what a fast paced few days...this was trip #3 and court. I left on august 11th and sat in coach on Continental, stayed over in AMS with a friend who was laying over close by (saved money on a day room) and then KLM upgraded me to Business Class! My lucky Star shines again for me. On my 3 trips, 12 flights, I have been upgraded to business class on 1 leg out of two on each trip...very lucky!

I arrived in Almaty on Friday, stayed in yet another apt which was a very nice one bedroom located very close to the Silk Way Mall. That afternoon we walked to the Baby House to see Miss Stella. She was shining in her usual way. She recognized me and came to me right away, she loved her new pink toy purse I got her and she is sitting totally unassisted AND trying to pull up to stand! Shine on sweet girl!! I got to see Stella 4 of the six days I was there.

Court was Tuesday. It was tough. I stood up most of the time and felt I was grilled endlessly. I was dripping with sweat by the time it was all over. One because of the heat, and two because of the Judge. They said he liked me and he did tease me but the comments and questions were unmerciful! Here is a sample of what I can remember......Can you have your own child? I don't know.......Is that because you like yourself too much to suffer? No.....There are banks in the US with sperm you can buy, why didn't you do that? Because I wanted to help a child that was already here....Did you choose Kaz because it is a quick program? (WTF!!!!) No, it took me over 3 years to get to this day. If you were Muslim you could be the third wife to a man. Maybe I could have 3 husbands? Will Sabrina be a flight attendant some day? Maybe she will fly the plane? Where is the hardest airport to go through? Really you want to go there with me?? Okay I didn't say that but come on! Needless to say when I got the YES, I was beyond thrilled!! Oh did I forget to mention that part....I got a YES! I have a daughter and her name is Stella Sabrina Schultz!! Amen!

They tell me it will be about 45 days before I can return. 15 days for the waiting period after court, then they will start her passport and her new birth certificate with her new name and my name listed as her mother. I still can't believe it and I am so happy! There is a new Schultz and a new Mama is born!

20 comments:

  1. So happy for you!!! Congratulations Mama!!! I can't believe the questions the judge asked you - ugh!! But it is over & only one trip remains. Fly 45 days, fly! And in the meantime do everything you have been meaning to - when Stella Sabrina comes home you will be happily consumed with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were Muslim you could be a man's 3rd wife...what??? Was that a question, a comment...what???
    Anyway, YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Lisa, I'm so excited! Can you tell? Wow, he must have really liked you! Seriously, and been kidding with you. I've been through court twice as a single mom, and didn't get that grilled. I can't wait to get Stella, Griffin and Skylar together. Too much fun!! You can't imagine the grin I have on my face right now.

    Stella, you have one wonderful, determined mama who worked hard to bring you home. Welcome home, new little Texan. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lisa--this is the best news since I got a Yes in my court. We traveled this long road together and here we are--Mothers!!! Don't you just love it? From my experience the 45 days will drag so slowly until the end and then you will go--"Oh my gosh, I have so much to do". Oh Lisa --the happiness is just beginning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats momma! I am so very excited for you! I knew yours would be here before mine (though not by much - January is around the corner...)
    Can't wait to see Stella in your arms IN PERSON!!!!! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa...I am over the moon happy for you and Miss Stella! While the 3 year wait was much too long, ultimately, it was the perfect time to wait. It'll only get better from here!Welcome home. Q.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! I've been hoping it was good court news. What a relief. Here's hoping the next 45 days fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the judge was asking you to be his 3rd wife?!

    So excited and happy for you! Stella is just so beautiful!!! Looking forward to her trip home and watching her continue to shine and grow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! Congratulations! The judges questions crack me up. What was he thinking? It almost sounds like he was just making small talk given the oddity and irrelevancy of some of them! Weird. I'm just glad you got a yes! Hoping the next 40+ days go by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is one crazy court story!!! I am so glad your judge said "Da" and you can breathe a sigh of relief...what a great feeling that is!! These next few weeks will fly by...you have a lot of shopping to do!!! LOL!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey lisa!!! i'm so happy that you passed! i knew it would happen! i think the funniest question asked was "here is the hardest airport to go through?" LOL. that is SO random!!!

    wow, that will be incredible to see your name on sweet stella's birth certificate!

    i hope the next 45 days go quickly! while you are going to bring stella home, i'll be moving to a new apartment LOL. so i hope it goes quickly for both of us! ;-) how long will the next/last trip be?

    <3 lior

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very excited for you and Stella! Congratulations!!! It is such an amazing feeling to say "My daughter"! Enjoy and hopefully these next many days will pass quickly (and quietly). You have so much to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! I can't believe that little Stella will be home soon. She is a very lucky little girl to have a dedicated loving mom waiting for her to come home. I am so proud of you!! Love x 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just had to come look again--Stella is so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YEA! YEA! YEA! How wonderful. I'm so glad that you are a mom. 45 days will be over sooner than you think and then your life and Stella's will begin. I can only hope soon that I will be sharing some of my own good news. Try to relax and spend some of that quiet time with your pets. Rejuvinate your spirit and reflect on your journey. It certainly has been a long but amazing process. Stella, your daughter, will be with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy for you & for Stella. She is beautiful. Baby proof the house now b/c once she gets home you won't have time :)

    Sorry I am so late to congrat you but it has been a busy summer.

    Did i mention how happy I am for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I CAN'T BELIEVE those questions you got!! unreal. Oh well, it will be a funny story to tell Stella someday when she's older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a difficult court session! It doesn't sound like he made a friend, did he? Well, except that he gave you Stella!
    We are thrilled, thrilled, thrilled for you! Best wishes on a quick return!

    The Hollands

    ReplyDelete
  19. It does sound like the judge was having a good time with you. Oh well, the YES is what counts. Congratulations again! I'm sorry we missed each other but perhaps I can meet little miss Stella at a future Kaz event. p.s. Don't worry about purchasing more clothes smaller than the 12 mos size as they kids catch up really really fast once they get home and get adequate nutrition. In the meantime you can roll up the sleeves/legs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh Lisa... what a JERK! :)
    I am behind on blog reading.. but, wanted to say congrats!! And I laughed at the ? about the 'quick program'... r u kidding me??

    oh my goodness...
    love ya.. praying Stella is HOME soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete