Saturday, October 2, 2010

First and lasts

first bonding day of first bonding trip in June

I was thinking about things this morning...today is the first day of my 49th year. While some others my age are grandparents, I will becoming a first time Mama. My 30th class reunion is coming up on the 30th of October and I was thinking of taking Stella and just going for the social hour and dinner. I remember kids being there in years past then I realized that that was 25 years ago!! Really? Am I that old? Or are they that old?? LOL!

Lasts....To start with, this is the last delay, I pray...I was supposed to leave Sunday but my passport/visa won't be back until tuesday. I leave on Wednesday to go back to Kaz.....Tuesday is my last day here without the sounds of a child in my house. That will be my last day that I will be missing my girl and wondering what she is doing in her baby House. That is my last day of being independent. And you know what I say to this?? Bring it on!!

5 comments:

  1. YAY... i remember thinking the week before I went to get Grace... this is the last yoga class I will be able to take at 7:00 in the evening.... and leaving to go to the airport - this will be the last time I close the door to an empty house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, I just got goosebumps reading your post. I can't wait to see you all in Austin. Safe travels and happy birthday! Email if I can be of help. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you walk out of your house to go to Kaz--if you are like me it will be the LAST time that you will have a clean house!

    I had just 49 when Hannah came home. If I think about it too much it is scary but if I just let it be, it is the best thing ever. You will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday. You are an awesome Mama - cannot wait to see you with Stella in your arms again & forever.

    ReplyDelete