Wednesday, September 22, 2010

just thinking out loud......





Yesterday was Miss Stella's 15 month mark...I met her at 11 months so 4 since I met my little lamb. I wish that I was with her. I miss our time and can't wait to start our full time life together. I have that weird feeling in my stomach right now...not sure what it means. Originally I'd be on my way to Kazakhstan around October 1, just 10 days from now. With the passport slow down I am just not sure when I will go. I was lucky enough to get a double entry visa but it expires on October 12. I am thinking about a couple things to do:
1. renew my visa in DC now so that I won't be scrambling last minute
2. Go now for a visit, come home then back again
3. Stop in AMS on the way to renew my visa and head on over to Kaz and take custody and wait it out
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Beth who, was with the same team, I met in June, is there now finishing up with her little one, it took her 8.5 weeks to go back and the couple before just 6 weeks. So it does look like it will take longer. Who knows? 8.5 weeks puts me there around October 18 but my visa will be expired by then....then there is a big party that my family and friends are having for Stella on October 29. What to do???

In the mean time I have been dolling up Stella's room......do you remember my dream about the baby bed and spiderman toys? Miss Becki remembered and I got the sweetest gift in the mail last week! Love love it!!!

6 comments:

  1. A precious room for a precious little one!! I think this time between trips is the hardest part. I hope when Kaz reorganizes to become Hague compliant, this is one of the things that changes. My 5 weeks seemed like an eternity, and my heart breaks for the families who are in the middle of this passport mess. If I had to do it again and I could financially afford it, I would have stayed the whole time without question. I hope you get back there soon soon soon. What is Miss Stella going to be for Halloween?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would renew the visa and if you have the vacation time, go a little early if you can. Sooo exciting! And I love that rocking horse. Stella is going to love it!
    Andrea M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lady,

    I finally have my computer back minus the virus (I hope) but still with sticky keys. They have to get some magic cleaning fluid to clean up the OJ mess. Yes I spilt OJ on my laptop - uggg!! Anyway, I feel like I've been on a desert island for a week and I'm just catching up. Of course I had to come to your blog first. Hey I agree with Andrea, try to get your visa renewed now rather than wait to the last minute and worry. Call them first to make sure they can extend it before sending it off though. But will that effect your ability to work? Don't stop working now since your girl will needs some seriously cute clothes to go with her seriously cute self!

    Don't worry too much. You will do the right thing whatever it is that you decide. I have to say I was very blessed to be able to stay the whole time with Lexie. I can't imagine how hard THIS wait must be. Before you didn't know her and then you had to worry about court. Now it's just paperwork....again! But it will happen and once you have her home it just won't matter.

    I LOVE the room and hope Lexie can come play in Stella's room at Thanksgiving if we make it back down.

    Hang in there!
    Lou Ann & Lexie too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stella's room is adorable! The first time around we did Miras's room really early - just after we submitted our dossier. This last time, since it took forever to submit the dossier, we put it off and put it off. Fortunately my parents showed up a few weeks before our second trip and did her room. Once Stella comes home you won't know where your time goes! Speaking of my parents trip down - the reason they had so much extra time is because I estimated that we'd be back in Kaz the end of July (6 weeks after court). Well, we heard something the end of July but didn't end up leaving until mid-August. And even then we left before the passport was ready. So, keep in mind that the best laid plans... especially in this process. That said, your plan to go over early, take custody and wait it out is a good one as long as you can swing the visas. You will need - and cherish - the extra bonding time. I can't wait for you to head back to that sweetheart - October is just a week away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh LIsa--I can't believe that I haven't been to this blog in a week--shame on me.
    I agree with Andrea and Louann--renew your Visa. If you can swing it with work and finances it would be nice to take custody and wait it out but what if waiting it out got so long that you ran out of money or something? I guess I would want some confirmation from my agency that it was at least close before I traveled. This waiting is the absolute hardest part. I know you will make the right choice for you and Stella--this is just the beginning of a life of figuring out what the right thing is. You are the mom and your instincts are good.

    The room is adorable--Stella is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the room :) I'm praying for news soon! We had custody for 4 weeks before we could go home. Wouldn't trade that time for anything.

    ReplyDelete